One of the first designs for a lamp employing electric light bulbs was a hanging lamp consisting of a chrome-plated tube with opaque globe, created before 1900 by an unknown hand.
Many architects - Peter Behrens, Adolf Loos, Josef Hoffmann - used this type of lamp for interior lightning. Similar designs by Marianne Brandt and Hans Przyrembel had been created in the Bauhaus. In the twenties and thirties, this lamp was produced in large numbers for use primarily in schools and offices.
It is available in five sizes: with a 200 mm, a 250 mm, a 300 mm, a 350 mm or a 400 mm opaque globe. The chrome-plated tube is one meter in lenght, but may easily be shortened merely by sawing off one end, since the junction holding the tube is unthreaded.
|Available in these variations:|
|HL 99/200 Chr||200 mm (max. 60 W)|
|HL 99/200 M||200 mm (max. 60 W)|
|HL 99/250 Chr||250 mm (max. 75 W)|
|HL 99/250 M||250 mm (max. 75 W)|
|HL 99/300 Chr||300 mm (max. 100 W)|
|HL 99/300 M||300 mm (max. 100 W)|
|HL 99/350 Chr||350 mm (max. 100 W)|
|HL 99/350 M||350 mm (max. 100 W)|
|HL 99/400 Chr||400 mm (max. 100 W)|
|HL 99/400 M||400 mm (max. 100 W)|
The original of this lamp from the periphery of the Bauhaus shows typical construction details from the early Bauhaus period. Wall fixtures with similar mechanics were designed by Marianne Brandt and K. J. Jucker. All lamps are consecutively numbered and bear the TECNOLUMEN ® logo.