This floor lamp, now manufactured in series for the first time, was designed in 1923 by the Hungarian Gyula Pap at the metal workshop of the Staatliches Bauhaus in Weimar. The only lamp made in this workshop was shown in the "Haus am Horn", the famous Bauhaus model home.
The reproduction is faithful to the original, following Gyula Pap's specifications, with the permission of the Bauhaus Archives in Berlin. This floor lamp was featured in 1925 in the Bauhaus Book No. 7, "Neue Arbeiten der Bauhauswerkstätten" (New Creations of the Bauhaus Workshops). Plate Glass is connected by a nickel-plated tubular unit to a laquered black iron baseplate. The bulp is semi-silvered. The Gyula Pap floor lamp was created specifically for this type of bulb, which had just been invented at that time.